A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Btrada Women Wedges Sneakers High Heel Sequins Fitness Sneaker Fashion Lightweight Platform Toning Sports shoes
- Sexy Summer Women Clear Transparent Platform Wedges Slipper Ultra High Heels Wooded shoes Outdoor Creepers
- Jushee Womens Juawful 3.5 cm Low-Heel Ankle Zipper Leather Boots
- WeiPoot Women's Blend Materials High-Heels Closed-Toe Buckle Sandals,EGHLH007088
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Round Toe Wedge Heel Zip Handmade Ankle Bootie
- Havaianas Women's Slim Disney Princess Sandal Beige Red
- Bugatti Men Lace-Up shoes Grey, (Black Black) 321689026930-1010
- Ailj Snow Boots, Men's Warm Boots Winter Boots Plus Velvet Business Men's shoes Casual shoes Leather shoes Waterproof (2 colors) (color Brown, Size 44 EU 11 US 10 UK 27cm JP)
- Bos. & Co. Womens Barlow Ankle Boot
- Frye Women's Campus 14L Boot
- ASICS FuzeX Men's Running shoes (T6K3N)
- DANDANJIE Mens Basketball shoes High-Top Outdoor Sneakers Running Trainers Jogging Athletic shoes
- Geox Men's U Nebula B Trainers
- Lloyd Men's Severin Desert Boots
- ECCO Men’s 069564 Cross Black Size 13
- RED Large Size shoes Small Size Women's shoes New Thin shoes Female Pointed Patent Leather Shallow Mouth Small shoes Flat shoes Large Size Thick with OL Work shoes (color Black, Size 39)
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
POKEMAOKE Women's MCGLCAB000005120E Black Leather Loafers
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
MOHAI Women's 718MOHBLACK Black Suede Pumps
Dan Post Women's San Michelle Western BootBlack Grain Mephisto Men's SamSalomon - Wings Flyte 2 W
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
ASICS - Gelsolution Speed 3 Clay 0161 Womens - E651Y0161
Clarks - Womens Grace Nina shoeswomen-in natural color kid suede ladies shoes classic fashion lace-up high heel women shoes
Autumn Women's Boots Large Size Women's Boots Flat Boots Martin Bootsfashion Boots
ASICS Women's Dynaflyte 2, Flash Coral White Apricot ICE
LINEA PITTI Women's PITTI557 Black Suede Heels
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
WINDSOR SMITH Women's WINDOLYVIAWHITE White Leather Sneakers
Badgley Mischka Womens Stacey Heeled Sandal
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
ANCIENT GREEK SANDALS Women's APTEROSPINKMETALSAND gold Leather Sandals