A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes Low Top Women Bear Bredherhood Pride Flag
- Party Party SERA7012 Comfort Evening Dress Pump, Wedding shoes Women Ballroom Dance shoes High-Medium Heel, Salsa, Tango, Latin, Swing Salsa Tango Swing Latin
- Women Spring Autumn Wedges Chunky Heel Sneakers Height Increase Elevator Buckle Casual Sport shoes
- Calaier Womens Jtabq Pointed-Toe 4CM Kitten Heel Slip-on Pumps shoes
- Women Boots Stretch PU Leather Over The Knee High Sexy Ladies Party High Heels Platform Black shoes
- Sofft Womens 1105108 Low Top Lace Up Fashion Sneakers, Latte, Size 7.0
- Fairly Genuine Leather High Heels Slippers Slides Footwear Summer Women Mules Wedge shoes
- BININBOX Men's Fashion 7 colors Luminous LED Light shoes Walking Sport Sneakers
- Official Gelert Horizon Low Waterproof Walking shoes Mens Hiking Footwear Boots
- Men Boots Chelsea Boot Suede Leather Desert shoes Martin Boots Short High-top Boots Fighting On Foot
- CAMPER Beetle K300259-001 Casual shoes Men
- Adidas Men's Lite Racer CLN Running shoes
- DANDANJIE Men's shoes Fabric Summer Comfort Sandals For Casual Outdoor Beige Black Red
- Vibram FiveFingers Men's V-Train Fitness shoes
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Nine Seven Suede Womens Low Heel Pointed Toe Studded Side Zip Knee High Boot
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Pleaser Women's Adore-701mr c m, Clear
Mizuno Mens Wave Horizon 2 Running shoesAmblers Safety Mens FS999 Hi Leg Composite Safety Boot with Side Zip Black Size UK 14 EU 49Steve Madden Womens Largo Over The Knee Boot
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
New Balance Crt300 Mens Trainers
STC Press Men's Work Boot, BlackNine West Women's Redhead Dress Pump
LARNMERN Men's Work Steel Toe Safety shoes for Industrial Construction Utility Outdoors, LM-1032
Nina Womens Senora-YG Open Toe Formal, gold, Size 8.5
OTBT Women's Bushnell Wedge Sandal
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
Merrell Womens Siren 3 Mid Wp Boots
90 colors Personal Tailor Summer Pointed Toe T-Strap Woman Sandals
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
J.Renee Women's Delroy Sandal (Red Suede White Pearls, 8 W US)